Churston Builders – The Torbay and South Hams Builder. House Refurbishment and Oak Framed Extension, Brixham.
This 2019 house refurbishment project in Brixham, Torbay, involved a full update of the property including:
- New kitchen
- New bathrooms and shower rooms
- Removal of existing uPVC conservatory and replacement with an oak framed and tiled roof structure
- Replacement from doors
- All windows patio doors replace with contemporary grey coloured units including bi-fold doors
- Some interior remodelling to improve the flow of the living space, light and correct previously completed structural work
- Replace all interior doors with bare oak doors
- Replace staircase with open oak joinery
- Replace flooring throughout with LVT planks
- Decorate throughout with state of the air spray applied hardwearing coatings
This project needed a quick turnaround so the new owners could move in. There were a large number of aspects to the project and a lot of ripping out to do but one has to bear in mind site security and weatherproofing so the first jobs involved removal of the exisitng conservatory and removal of the kitchen, bathrooms and internal doors. This also allowed for a staged removal of waste from the site – it’s always good practice to keep a tidy site!
We were then able to get the oak structure in quickly so work on the extension roof could commence. Meanwhile some of the additional internal structural work was completed so the kitchen work could commence. Once the roof and glazing were completed and the structure was weathertight then further internal alterations which included removing the external wall where the previous conservatory had sat. This was the main element of the internal remodel and with this complete the internal decoration could commence.
Meanwhile the trades competed their work in bathrooms and kitchens and the open oak staircase was fitted.
At this point changing all the uPVC could also take place and was scheduled around the interior decoration so the project could progress smoothly and quickly throughout the house refurbishment. To achieve a consistent and top quality decoration a state-of-the-art paint spraying system was used that provides a super tough and durable paint finish.
Once decoration was complete the property was finished with LVT flooring throughout and stylish oak internal doors to complete the up to date look all ready for the owners to move in.